In the past 25 years our use of technology has increased at an unprecedented rate, affecting our way of life and how we function in society. What's next? Are we set to see more inventions that change the image of technology and the culture we live in? How will these developments affect and influence the future of society? Our expert panel gives their views and insights into their own use of technology and their hopes for the future. The panel included:
- Sir Tim Berners-Lee FRS , inventor of the World Wide Web and Director of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
- Stephen Fry, writer, broadcaster and technophile
- Professor Dame Wendy Hall FRS , leading computer scientist at University of Southampton
- Dr Jim Haseloff, synthetic biologist from University of Cambridge
- Bill Thompson, technology critic and commentator on digital culture.
- Watch the webcast